The whole house fans are the electric products but not those which consume loads of energy and are much expensive. These are efficient energy products and work perfectly. You can easily mount the whole house fan in the attic and maintain the comfortable temperature in your home.
If the whole house fan is mounted in your house, you don’t need to worry about the frightening bills. It uses less energy to work, thus results in reasonable bills at the last of the month.
Your kitchen work and cooking time also become easy because it maintains the bearable temperature of your kitchen while you are cooking some oily or super-hot foods.
The whole house fans offer easy installing and provide you comfort and cool temperature in your house during months of the summer season.
7 Best Whole-House Fans Reviews
Here, we will discuss our top 7 picks of some best whole house fans to make it easy for you to choose the best one for your home.
1. QuiteCool CL-3100 Whole House Fan
- Damper System to prevent heating and cooling loss
- Designed with a good durable material
- Meant for quiet operation
- Has electronically commutated motor for efficient performance
- Self-containing duct system to neutralize the noise and vibration
QuitCool QC CL-3100 Energy Saver Whole House Fan is designed with good quality material, promising durability. It has powerful electronically commutated ac/dc brushless motors that make it perfectly energy-efficient and a big performer.
This Whole House Fan contains Damper System that makes sure about no heating or cooling loss between the attic and home and a self-containing duct system to neutralize the sound and vibration that occurs in the whole home while the fan is working.
This whole house fan is extremely a good helper to flush out the hot air of summer from home and bring the fresh cool air inside the house and maintain the friendly temperature in all areas of the house. It features a Wireless Rf Control Kit that provides you ease to control fans from anywhere in your home.
- Energy-efficient performance
- Noise-free operation
- Durable and good material
- Covers area up to 1500 square feet
- A bit pricy than others
2. Cool Attic CX24DDWT Direct Whole House Fan
- Designed for houses with 1, 800 sq. ft. attics
- Has a powder-coated finish for weather resistance
- Offers easy installation
- A Powerful motor to help you enjoy fresh and cool air in no time
- Removes harmful air through attic exhaust vents
The Cool Attic CX24DDWT Direct Whole House Fan is specifically designed for houses with 1, 800 sq. ft. attics. It is designed using powder coating for weather resistance.
It flushes the warm air out through the attic exhaust vents and lets the fresh air spread inside the whole house to make its atmosphere more comfortable.
This Whole House Fan features a re-engineered bracing system for the stable motor mount and to eliminate the annoying noise and vibration that happens due to its working, thus provides a comfortable atmosphere.
It has a powerful motor that makes that fan able to remove unhealthy and harmful warm air and allows you to enjoy fresh and cool air inside your house within no time.
You don’t need to worry about its assembly because this fan is amazingly easy to install with any cut corners. SO, invest your money to get this product to your home for a comfortable and cool atmosphere.
- High quality and powerful motor
- Easy assembly
- Eliminates uncomfortable noise and vibration
- Cool and fresh air inside your home immediately
- Durable design with powder-coated finish
- The fan cleaning process is a bit difficult
3. Air King 9166F 20″ Whole House Fan
- Designed using an impact-resistant plastic housing
- Adjustable 3-speed settings
- A powerful motor for cool air circulation all over the home
- A front-mounted rotary control for desired speed selection
- Compliant with OSHA and ETL
The Air-King 9166F 20 Whole House Fan is the perfect solution to use at various places like manufacturing firms, schools, homes, and hospitals, etc.
It has durable powerful motors that have the ability to keep your fan at the job all day and these motors have much power to maintain the cool atmosphere and circulate the fresh air in all rooms of your home.
This whole house fan comes with 3-speed capability and a front-mounted rotary control so that you can select your desired speed.
The fan comes already assembled with storm guard sliding panels and it also includes mounting hardware and instructions to use it. Its power cord is SJT type, black, 7 feet long, and has a 3-conductor also.
Air King has three adjustable settings low, medium, and high, and this fan is permanently lubricated. It is approved by OSHA and ETL and perfect for any type of room large, and small.
- Perfect and cool air circulation all over the home
- Perfect for all size rooms
- Promises Durability
- The Powerful motor maintains a fresh atmosphere
- Comes with a 1-year limited warranty
- According to some user’s reports, it’s pretty noisy
4. Panasonic FV-30VQ3 WhisperCeiling Ventilation Fan
- Noise-free airflow
- Energy-efficient to move larger volumes of air
- An ideal double hanger-bar system for accurate fan positioning
- Removes all air pollutants from home and improves air quality
- Energy Star certified whole house fan
This Whole House Fan from WhisperCeiling moves 290 CFM of air at 2.0 sones. The Panasonic whole house fan comes with an enclosed condenser motor and a double-tapered bladed wheel for a quiet and noise-free airflow. This fan uses less energy to move large volumes of air that means it has no issues like overheating and motor failure.
Comes with an ideal double hanger-bar system for proper fan positioning as per your desire. Using less energy, the Panasonic whole house ventilation fan removes the humidity, mold, and all other harmful air pollutants from the rooms and brings fresh air with improved quality inside the home, thus makes your living area noise-free, pollution-free, fresh, and cool.
This fan is Energy Star certified and is compliant with IAP, ASHARE 62.2 LEED, Earthcraft, California Title 24, and WA Ventilation Codes.
- Quiet airflow
- Uses Less energy, gives the best results
- Easy to install
- Promises pollution-free fresh air
- Comes with a 3-year limited warranty
- Heavy Object
- Light attachment is not supported
5. TPI BD302WHS Whole House Fan
- Self-closing shutters
- Portable because of just 50 pounds weight
- An ideal fan for cooling down the home in summer
- Useful to remove odors from chemical industries
- Cleaning of the fan is much easier
The TPI Whole House Fan comes with some latest features like self-closing shutters, these shutters automatically open when the fan is turned on and close when the fan is turned off. This fan has lubricated blades to prevent abrasion and corrosion.
The TPI Whole House Fan weighs just 50 pounds so it is easy to carry from one place to another. Its high-quality 1/3 HP and 2-Speed Motor works efficiently, moves a large amount of unnecessary and warm air out from home, and brings the cool air inside the home.
This fan is perfect for cooling down the temperature of your home on hot summer days. It is also useful for the chemical industries and factories because it easily removes the pollutants and odors from such places. This whole house fan is easy to clean, just use any detergent to clean it but don’t use any harsh chemicals for its cleaning purpose.
- Durable exhaust
- Portable because of lightweight
- Easy to clean
- Durable blades do not corrode in any weather
- The powerful motor ensures a perfect and cool atmosphere
- Wireless control option is not available
- No timer functionality in the unit
6. Centric Air QA-Deluxe Whole House Fan
- Quieter than the other old whole-house fans
- Durable permanent split capacitor motor
- Gravity damper to prevent heating/cooling loss
- High airflow grill for extraordinary airflow
- Energy-efficient and budget-friendly operation
The Centric Air QA-Deluxe Whole House Fan has 3945 CFM and it is a powerful fan that can easily and perfectly ventilate a single-story home of up to 2400 sqft and is also capable to ventilate a two-story home of up to 3400 sqft. There are rubber brushing to reduce the noise and vibration, making it the quietest whole house fan.
Whenever it’s cool outside, The Centric Air QA-Deluxe Whole House Fan brings this air inside the home and provides you a cool and comfortable environment to sleep in.
Its gravity damper ensures no heating or cooling loss when the unit is not in use. It includes a high airflow grill that promises you extraordinary airflow in your home.
This whole house fan uses a reliable permanent split capacitor(PSC) motor and does a more effective job than the air conditioning work but at a very less cost and with less energy, thus is budget-friendly and energy-efficient.
- Reduces your air conditioning bill by 50%-90%
- The most quieter fan at both speeds
- Gravity damper ensures no heating/cooling loss
- Comes with a 10-year warranty for the motor
- Can be remotely controlled
- The wireless remote has to be purchased separately
7. Air Gable Ventilator 53315 Whole House Fans
The Air Vent Gable Ventilator is perfect to use for both an attic or a whole house. It has the capacity to move 1050 CFM of air and can cover up the area of a max of 1500 sqft.
This ventilator is made of stainless steel and its outer housing is made using strong plastic, making it a durable ventilator and a whole house fan.
The Air Vent Ventilator has a pre-wired adjustable thermostat that is adjusted to turn on per your desired temperatures. The temperature range is available from 50 to 120 degrees.
This fan doesn’t create much noise but a slight humming sound is heard during its working time. you can some rubber dampeners to avoid its vibration and noise that occurs when it runs.
This fan also provides overload protection to make itself a safe and efficient performer so you don’t need to worry about the overheating issue of the fan. It comes with a 2-year limited warranty on labor.
Overall, This product is good enough to flush the warm air outside your attic or home and let the cool fresh come inside to maintain a comfortable temperature for you.
- The Overload protection makes it efficient
- The adjustable thermostat is turned on per your preferred temperatures
- The temperature range is available from 50 to 120 degrees
- A plastic frame to reduce the noise and vibration
- Not offers speed control functionality
- Comes with just a 2-year limited warranty on labor
Buying Guide For Best Whole House Fan
There are a lot of options available in markets to keep your home or room temperature cool and comfortable such as air conditioners, air coolers, and many more heavy machines but all these products consume too much energy and result in terribly costly bills after every month.
To come over this situation, companies introduced whole-house fans that are less expensive and if used wisely then these fans are perfect to keep our rooms and homes cool and fresh.
There are some important factors, you should have an idea about those factors before considering a whole-house fan for your home. Let’s discuss those important points one by one.
The whole house fans are categorized in the market with different quality. Keep in mind while going to buy a whole house fan that its material should be sturdy and durable. In the same way, check its motor also if it is much powerful and capable to keep your fan on duty all the long day of summer.
The fan should have the power to be used for your whole home or at least two to three rooms. Take a deep notice and then invest your money in buying a whole house fan that never lets you think about any other option again.
You should keep your home or attic measurements and sketch in your mind while buying a whole house. Because each whole house fan requires different ways to be installed.
Choose a whole house that would be easy to install in your home. Installing equipment and kit would be included at the time of purchase.
The power of the whole-house fan actually relates to the power motor used in the fan. The powerful the motor is, the efficient your whole-house fan is. The motor should have enough power to move maximum volumes of air from inside to outside and from outside to inside.
The motor should also be energy-efficient. This means it should keep the cool temperature all over the home by using less energy.
The Fan should have an accurate gravity damper to ensure that there is no heating/cooling loss between your home in the fan while it is not in use. So, this is also an important factor to save energy.
Some whole-house fans come with no speed controls or adjustments while some fans have the speed adjustments. we recommend you buy the fans having speed adjustments and speed controlling functions so that you may run your house fan as per your desired speeds.
This is the most important and useful feature that you must be wishing to have in your Whole House Fan at your home.
The whole-house fans having wireless control systems allow you to control and monitor the fan working speed and temperature levels using its remote from anywhere in your home.
The Whole House Fans come with different warranties but we recommend you to choose the product having maximum warranty because we believe that these products are more reliable and durable than the fans with fewer years warranty claims.
The Whole House Fans make your home and rooms cool and free of unnecessary warm and polluted air in the hot months of the year and keep your home temperature cool and comfortable for you.
We have discussed above The 7 Best Whole House Fans and we believe that one of these fans can be the perfect match for your home.
Just keep your requirements in mind and go through the description and working of these fans one by one and we bet, at last, you would find it much easier to choose a Best Whole House Fan to enjoy a cool, fresh, and comfortable atmosphere inside your home.
The Air-King 9166F 20 Whole House Fan is ideal for all size rooms according to our research. But if you want a House Fan with no noise and Vibration then go for The Centric Air QA-Deluxe Whole House Fan that is proved to be the most quieter Whole House Fan.
FAQ’s about Whole-House Fans
What are the Best Whole-House Fans?
Here is a list of the top rated Whole-House Fans as per our ranking in 2022;
- QuiteCool CL-3100 Whole House Fan
- Cool Attic CX24DDWT Direct Whole House Fan
- Air King 9166F 20″ Whole House Fan
- Panasonic FV-30VQ3 WhisperCeiling Ventilation Fan
- TPI BD302WHS Whole House Fan
- Centric Air QA-Deluxe Whole House Fan
- Air Gable Ventilator 53315 Whole House Fans
How many CFM do I need for a whole house fan?
Depends on your choice. However, a typical whole house fan having 36 inches diameter moves 6900 CMF of air.
How much budget is required to install the whole house fan?
The cost to install a whole house varies from $1250 to $1830 but again, it depends on your budget and the quality of the whole house fan that you would have selected.
Are the whole house fans the cost-friendly?
The whole house fans give you the perfect fresh, natural, and cool air at much less cost than an air conditioning that’s why these are cost-friendly.
Which is the best whole house fan?
According to our research and recommendation, The Air-King 9166F 20 Whole House Fan is best for its various options and compatibility criteria and The Centric Air QA-Deluxe Whole House Fan is best because it is the quietest whole house fan overall.