Synthetic Oil is a human-made lubricant used to enhance your vehicle’s life and prevent engine damage and corrosion.
It consists of artificially made chemical compounds. These oils are made using chemically modified petroleum components, and crude oil is used as a base material.
If made from accurate elements, synthetic oils are best in raising your vehicle’s performance and helping your automobiles last longer. Synthetic oils have made a better comeback over the rest of many ordinary oils.
In this post, I am going to review the 7 best synthetic oils according to consumer reports in 2022. So without further ado, let’s get started.
Best Synthetic Oil Consumer Reports
I have compiled a list of the 7 best synthetic oils based on consumer reports in 2022.
1. Valvoline Advanced Synthetic Motor Oil
Valvoline is a high-quality synthetic motor oil that gives your engine long life and helps it run smoother. It remains light and maintains its moisture even in extraordinarily hot temperatures, preventing freezing or burning in hot and low temperatures.
This synthetic oil provides strong protection to your engine from wear and tear. Features a dual function to cool down the engine when running at high temperatures.
- Holds off heat in the chamber
- Withstands both cold temperatures and high temperatures
- Prevents corrosion, friction, and engine damages
- Ensures smooth Performance
- It can be used several times after draining
- Not meant for diesel engines
- Not familiar with motorcycles and aviation engines
2. Mobil 1 Synthetic 5W-30 Motor Oil
This synthetic is the product of Mobil company from the USA. It is very easy to use and helps your engine getting rid of deposits and sludge. This Synthetic Oil also makes your engine last longer. Mobil 1 Motor Oil brilliantly lubricates your entire engine and prevents wear caused by many difficult driving experiences.
Mobil 1 synthetic oil now comes with enhanced friction-reduction qualities, helps save fuel usage, and lowers the temperature.
- Proved to be effective in lowering the high temperatures
- Capable of protecting the engine from freezing
- Flows fast in the engine, helping the engine run smoother
- Keeps your vehicle’s engine clean
- Cheap Price
- Not useable for aviation engines.
- It cannot be used for both diesel and gasoline engines.
3. Castrol 6005 GTX Synthetic Motor Oil
Castrol 03057 GTX Magnatec 5W-30 engine oil is manufactured by a trusted company named Castrol. This oil enhances your engine’s performance by giving it more ultimate stability as compared to regular oil.
It Lubricates the entire engine evenly and increases the life of your vehicle’s engine. Known for its extremely best results, especially in the winter season.
Castrol engine oils are manufactured to ensure extra level protection of engines and maintain all kinds of quality; that is is why these oils are compatible with most vehicles.
- According to its useful results, it comes in very affordable.
- The bottle’s neck is wide enough to pour out the oil easily.
- If used wisely, then no need to change oil for a long time.
- Helps reducing engine damage.
- When the oil drains down, it leaves an extra layer on the engine parts to protect them.
- Most people reported that the company is not producing fully synthetic oil as it claims to be.
4. YamaLube 10W-40 Four Stroke Oil
YamaLube 10W-40 All Purpose 4 Four Stroke Oil is performance-blended mineral oil. It is beneficial for Motorcycles, Side-by-Side Vehicles, Scooters, and ATVs. This synthetic oil gives stable clutch performance and provides strong protection to the engine from daily wear and tear.
This oil is specially used in motorcycles to give their engines smoothness and strength, making the engines perform for an extended time period without any issue. Yamalube motor oil meets JASO MA requirements.
- Maintains its thickness
- Its multipurpose engine oil is suitable for Motorcycles
- Side-by-Side Vehicles, Scooters, and ATVs
- Protects your engine from the wear and tear of daily use
- OEM Yamaha product
- Expensive engine oil
- The oil change kit doesn’t include spark plugs.
5. Shell Rotella T6 5W-40 Synthetic Diesel Oil
- 5-quart jug handles with comfortable design
- Low-ash additive formulations
- Excellent flow in cold temperatures keeps viscosity
- Suitable to use for both diesel and gasoline engines
- Produced to be used in most vehicles
Shell Rotella is world-class synthetic motor oil, helps your vehicle’s engine run smoother. Its low-ash additive technology and triple protection provide strong protection to the engine from dust and oil breakdown.
This oil easily and fastly flows in the entire engine even at 30-degree Fahrenhite low temperature. This synthetic oil suitable for both diesel and engines.
- Saves energy and maintenance costs by keeping your engine live longer and cleaner.
- Protects the engine from both extraordinarily hot and cold temperatures without disturbing oil circulation and flow.
- Suitable to use in some motorcycle models.
- Low carbon, phosphorus, and sulfur levels.
- Protects engine from any deposits and possible oil breakdown.
- It cannot be used for geared motors as the oil is thinner compared to other oils and these motors use thicker oil than this synthetic oil.
6. Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil
- Pennzoil Platinum Oil ensures better fuel economy
- Can protect your vehicle’s engine against wear and deposit formation
- Flows faster in extremely cold temperatures
- Avoiding metal-on-metal contact
Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30 is currently on the top of all the synthetic oils because of its extremely best performance. This synthetic is manufactured by the Pennzoil company, which Shell owns. This company is popular for its ultra platinum range to create extra-ordinary and best engine oils.
Fill your vehicle’s engine with this synthetic motor oil, and it will increase your engine’s fuel economy by giving it the best lubrication, especially during cold temperatures.
- Enhance the power of your engine using this environmentally friendly oil.
- You can use this oil in specialty cars that need EcoDiesel, such as Dodge Rams and Jeep Cherokees.
- It is produced to help diesel engines to run more smoothly, and it does its job perfectly.
- This synthetic oil helps your car run more cleanly by consuming less quantity of fuel.
- The Pennzoil Platinum motor oil is not compatible with all vehicles.
- Pennzoil is not standing by on its promise of giving a refund if its customers are not satisfied.
7. Castrol EDGE 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil
Castrol Edge 5W-30 Synthetic Motor oil makes your engine live and perform longer and running capacity up to 15000 miles before the next oil change.
It keeps on its viscosity so that your engine can easily fight friction. It also works as an anti-constipation product for human beings. This synthetic motor oil meets various GM standards.
- Certified by API SN and ACEA A1/A5
- Snow resistant motor oil
- Extremely hot temperature resistant
- Free of leakage
- Reusable after draining.
- Protects engine from wear and tear, and friction
- Not perfect for gasoline and diesel vehicles
- Not made for marine engines
Buying Guide For Synthetic Oil
When you will buy Synthetic oil for your vehicle but are worried about the suitable brand for your car’s engine, you need to know about the working of your car’s engine.
After having all the info about engine operations, you can easily choose an appropriate oil buy matching the engine requirements.
It is very important to check the viscosity maintenance of a synthetic oil before buying it. The oil having 10W-40 viscosity is best for your car’s engine in hot weather. The oils with a 5W viscosity grade are best for both hot and cold temperatures.
The synthetic oils are specially designed for diesel engines and motorcycles to enhance their engine mileage, make the engine a long-lasting performer, keep the engine clean from deposits, and protect the engine from wear and tear. So go through your vehicle’s situation before buying this medicine for its engine.
Before using synthetic oil in your engine oil, check that it’s compatible with the oil you are using in your vehicle. If not, then consult an expert who can verify which oil is suitable to use for your vehicle.
Price is also an important factor for buying synthetic oil. There are many expensive oils because of their extremely good performance, but those oils don’t need to be suitable for your vehicle. So, choose an oil wisely which meets both your budget levels and engine levels.
All of our listed synthetic oils are amazingly good. Still, we recommend using Mobil 1 Synthetic 5W-30 Motor Oil because it gives strong protection to your engine from friction, wear and tear, and prevents deposits and oil breakdown in all types of weather, and enhances engine health and performance.
FAQ’s about the Synthetic Oil
What is the Best Synthetic Oil?
Let’s take an attentive Look at our 7 top picks of best synthetic oils and decide which oil helps the engine perform well and live longer.
- Valvoline – Advanced Synthetic Motor Oil
- Mobil 1 Synthetic 5W-30 Motor Oil
- Castrol 6005 GTX Synthetic Motor Oil
- YamaLube 10W-40 All Purpose 4 Four Stroke Oil
- Shell Rotella T6 5W-40 Synthetic Diesel Oil
- Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil
- Castrol EDGE 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil
Will Engines be damage if switched from conventional or ordinary oil to Synthetic oil?
No, but some synthetic oils are not compatible with other synthetic oils, so you have to drain the already used oil and then use the newer one.
Do unopened Bottles of Synthetic Oil expire after a specific date?
Some of the unopened bottles of synthetic oil do not expire for a lifetime, but some brands get expired if not use for a long time, so carefully read instructions on the bottle before buying.
DO Synthetic Oil cause a vehicle’s engine to consume more oil?
No, it is totally a false concept about synthetic oil. These oils won’t cause your engine to consume more oil.
What grade of Synthetic Motor Oil should I use?
You should use The oils with 5W viscosity grade, best for both hot and cold temperatures.